Need ideas for Spring Break staycation? Here are a 10 for you!
1. Visit Skyline Park and play some carnival games and slide down the massive slide on top of Ponce City Market
2. Behind the Seas tour at the Georgia Aquarium– take a tour of everything you don’t see on a normal visit to the Georgia Aquarium. The water filtration systems. Veterinarian care and more!
3. Spring FUN Break at Stone Mountain Park with fun things like a Geyser Tower, Skyhike, adventure golf, and lots more. You can also see the Laser show every night this week! (April 1-9th)
4. Studio Spring Break at the High Museum of Art, Atlanta-
Did you know that the High Museum’s buildings were designed by two award-winning architects? Have you ever thought of a building as a work of art? Join us for Studio Spring Break to explore the theme “Build It!”
Art Making Workshops
Location: Robinson Atrium
Work with High Museum of Art teaching artists to create your own architecture-related masterpiece! (for all ages)
5. Sheep to Shawl at Atlanta History Center– (April 8th)
Guests experience the process of cloth making through demonstrations and activities ranging from sheep shearing and wool dyeing to spinning and weaving. Gather the entire family for a full day of fun that also includes open hearth cooking, blacksmithing, candle making, live music, and more at Smith Family Farm.
6. See the new Wildwoods and Fernbank Forest at Fernbank Museum of Natural History. Then, catch an IMAX movie before hitting NatureQuest.
7. Have a picnic in Centennial Olympic Park then head to The Children’s Museum of Atlanta to climb the piano stairs and build moon sand castles.
8. Enjoy a day at Zoo Atlanta – See the new Scaly Slimy Spectacular Reptile and Amphibian experience!
9. Dig for fossils at Tellus: Northwest Georgia Science Museum
10. Taste Beverly at the World of Coca-Cola!
Share with your friends so they can have some local fun too!