The Samsung Gear VR headsets are secured to your head by three different cords so that they don’t fall off in the air. You can also use the controls on the side of the headset to shot your gun. I’m not a fan of Acrophobia because of the massive drop, but having the headset on and looking around at everything there is to see makes it a totally different experience. One that I ened up doing twice!
Riders, using Samsung Gear VR-powered by Oculus, will become the pilots of a futuristic gunship under attack by mutant spiders. This intense, interactive adventure features:
- A high speed virtual vertical ascent up 100 stories, while teetering off the edge of a helicopter;
- A 360-degree rotating view high above massive city skyscrapers that are under siege by enormous spiders;
- A high-intensity gun battle against a giant arachnid, spewing baby spiders that virtually crawl all over the rider’s body;
- A thrilling virtual 100-story fiery plunge straight down between towering skyscrapers; and
- The final showdown with a spider the size of a van, teeth-gnashing and in full attack mode.
For a limited time only, guests can experience the Drop of Doom virtual reality attraction free with paid park admission.
Six Flags Over Georgia is now open on weekends March 11 through May 14 and daily for Spring Break April 1 – 9. Summer daily operation begins on May 20. Season Passes and the All Season Dining Pass to Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags White Water in Marietta, which provide unlimited visits and meals all season long, are available online.