Have a mountain of fun when you visit Stone Mountain Park during Stone Mountain Christmas and play in the snow in Georgia on Snow Mountain.
Stone Mountain Christmas has become a family tradition in our household. We go every year and each year is better than the last. Plan a day trip out to Stone Mountain Park during winter and you’ll be treated to a mountain of snow at Snow Mountain, then stay for Stone Mountain Christmas and enjoy a roasted marshmallow, hot chocolate and a story with Mrs. Claus. There is so much to see and do you’ll make a family tradition as well.
When the sun starts to set the Christmas lights will light up the Crossroads Village for tons of family fun.
Things to do at Stone Mountain Christmas
- Christmas Parade – This is one of our favorite things to check out at SMC. You get to see all of the characters, show performers, and fun floats all at once to kick off the evening.
- Cookie Decorating – Grab a tasty treat and decorate it the way you want with icing and candy. You can take it home in a bag or eat it when you’re finished.
- Fun Food Offerings – From hot chocolate to toasting s’mores, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
- 4-D Movie Experience – Another highlight is feeling the snow and ice hit your face while the Polar Express races towards the North Pole. A shortened version of the timeless Christmas classic, your family will love experiencing this movie in a whole new way.
- Character Experiences – There are so many great characters to see and meet at SMC. While getting a picture with Santa Claus is cool, meeting the Snow Angel and helping tell her tale is even cooler. You can also meet some of your favorite holiday friends like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Clarice, and Bumble (the abominable snowman).
- Holiday Shows – There are so many great shows to see at SMC and every year they ad in some new ones to make it fresh. There are traditional stories and some great new ones that the kids will love.
- Sing-A-Long Christmas Train and The Gift – Jump on the train and enjoy a fun sing-a-long trip around Stone Mountain before making a short stop in Pebble Ridge to hear the telling of a very special story in The Gift!
- Stories with Mrs. Claus – Sit and enjoy a nice story with the one and only Mrs. Claus.
- Enchanted Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony – Located in the center of Crossroads, watch Santa’s high-flying entrance and join in as we help the Snow Angel light up the town with Holiday cheer!
- Enchanted Christmas Tree – It’s a Wonderful Life is a show that plays on a 36-foot tall video Enchanted Christmas tree, and tells a “Wonderful” holiday story that will surely touch your heart. Located across from the 4D Theater.
- Music! More Lights! Skylights Spectacular – This immersive walk-through experience puts you in the middle of the celebration! And remember at the North Pole, there’s always a chance of snow!
- The Snow Angel Snowfall Celebration – Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Behold the overhead flight of the Snow Angel and join in as she makes our Christmas wishes come true! This is the finale of the evening and includes snowfall and some fireworks!
Snow Mountain is a spectacle to see considering we rarely get the amount of snow you’ll see. You can tube down the 400-foot long Tubing Hill. Play in the Snow Zone while making a Snowman. Don’t leave out the little ones! Little Angels are the area designed for kids three and under. There is something for everyone to do at Snow Mountain.
What to expect at Snow Mountain
- Snowzone – Build a snowman or just make snowballs to through at your kids, er, I mean the ground.
- Avalanche Alley – Ride down the snow mountain together as a family in this big tube. Height Requirement: Guests must be at least 36” tall to participate. The minimum number of riders is four (4) and the maximum number of riders is ten (10) (8 adults and 2 children). Groups of less than 4 will be seated with others.
- Tube Runners – These are the single rider lanes. Keep these guidelines in mind for this snow slide. Height and Weight Requirements: Guests must be 42” tall to participate in a single tube. Guests must be 36 inches tall and must ride with a supervising companion 16 years of age or older if the participant is less than 42 inches tall to participate in a double tube. Guests must be 300 lbs. or less to participate.
- Little Angels Little snow bunnies that are too small for the Tube Runners can visit the Little Angels hill to slide down. Height Requirement: Guests must be 42″ or less.
- Galactic Snow Tubing – Galactic Snow Tubing is an immersive nighttime experience starting at 5:30 PM with great music, laser beams overhead and high-powered LED lights dancing all around to the beat of the music.
So if you’re looking for something fun to do this Holiday Season with your family this is a huge hit with Atlanta families!
Get your tickets at https://www.stonemountainpark.com/