This post is brought to you by WunderbarTogether
What: WunderbarTour Pop Up Event
When: September 24-28, 2019
Where: 1125 Peachtree St. NE
Celebrate German culture at the WunderbarTogether PopUp event coming to Atlanta September 24-28. The PopUp celebrates The Year of German-American friendship.
As the official roadshow of Wunderbar Together, the PopUp Tour combines an impressive culture tent with mobile container exhibits and various pop-up edutainment elements. Programs range from business conferences, science slams, art exhibits, concerts or interactive student-focused events to panel discussions on future-oriented issues such as future of work, digitalization, and sustainability. With stops in Chicago, Atlanta, and Portland, the PopUp Tour showcases German business and culture in the U.S. and highlights the close economic and cultural ties between the two countries.
Starting Tuesday, September 24th to Saturday, September 28th, Wunderbar Together PopUp Tour will come to Midtown Atlanta
with a multi-day experiential pop-up event celebrating German-American friendship. A large event tent will go up in Midtown and it will be surrounded by shipping containers that house an interactive experience.
There will be fun activities for everyone in the family.
There will also be a Bauhaus-themed Wiesn in a Box beer garden featuring hot pretzels and Hofbräu beer, a decked-out WanderbUS equipped with virtual reality
tours of German cities and all things German language-related, a viewing screen for Bundesliga soccer matches, and food trucks featuring German fare.
Main Event Tent Highlights include:
- Two powerful photo exhibits curated by Gerhard Steidl and presented in cooperation with Atlanta Celebrates Photography:
- Karl Lagerfeld, in homage to Bauhaus legend Lyonel Feininger.
- World-renowned photographer Jürgen Teller, featuring food culture photography with close-proximity shots of the regional variations that give German cuisine its diversity and flair.
- Lecture, film screening, and workshop with the internationally renowned publisher Gerhard Steidl.
- WorkAwesome Conference with 100+ executives, entrepreneurs, and innovators exploring the future of diverse and inclusive workplaces and how engineers and builders are creating the future of urbanity and mobility.
- 70th anniversary of the Berlin Airlift exhibit from the Allied Museum in Berlin.
- Performances by Circus Mojo, a skills-focused circus arts troupe that promotes German-American collaboration.
- Virtual reality tours of German cities and the iconic Bauhaus school in Dessau, Germany.
- Hands-on activities through the Discover Design – Discover Bauhaus Workshop.
Shipping Container Highlights include:
- BASF will demonstrate its commitment to creating a better world through chemistry.
- Siemens AG will give guests the opportunity to test their soccer skills while learning about their mission.
- Bayer AG invites visitors to experience the topic of life science in concrete terms by presenting LifeSience Experience Cases.
- Evonik Industries’ container will take visitors inside Bundesliga’s Borussia Dortmund soccer stadium.
- Mercedes-Benz and its incubator Lab1886 will present the “Future of Mobility” exploring electric cars, urban air taxis, and autonomous driving. Visitors will get to experience the all-new EQC – the first electric car by Mercedes-Benz.
- Schaeffler’s experience will dive into motorsports with a behind-the-scenes look at their 4e Performance concept car and an interactive experience featuring a Carrera slot car race track.
WunderbarTour Activities for children:
- BASF Kids’ Lab pairs chemistry with fun in a hands-on opportunity for students to explore connections between science and their world.
- Science is fun! Can you build a human circuit? Or turn water into real fake snow? Through fun and engaging experiments, German scientist and celebrity Jo Hecker will host a memorable and interactive event for the whole family.
- Science Slam, with young scientists from Germany and the USA presenting their work and exploring the line between entertainment and scientific research, organized by Policult.
- WanderbUS, with German-language activities, virtual reality tours of German cities and games for kids.
- Bundesliga watch party will give guests a front-row view of the world-renowned German soccer league.
Get all the details and schedule here – https://www.wunderbartogetherpopuptour.com/