Summer is the time of year when communities around the city host summer movie series in the local parks and the best part about it, is the fact that they are FREE! If you don’t see your city on the list check your local city website in the Park’s and Rec department or event calendars to see if they are hosting a similar event.
- Movies in the District at Atlantic Station. Bring a blanket and a snack and watch a new movie every Thursday at sundown in Atlantic Station.
- Free Movies in Norcross – Inside and Outside options!
- Mall of Georgia Movies Under the Stars and Summer Concert Series – May-July – Families are invited to bring along chairs and blankets, sit back and relax, and enjoy a FREE viewing of fan-favorite movies, as well as concert performances from local artists. Each week on Saturdays from 5-7 p.m., audiences can enjoy live music then at approximately 7:15 p.m., the featured movie will begin in The Village. A variety of fun games, bounce houses, summer snack concessions and more will be available for all attendees to enjoy! Guests ages 21 and older can enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, beer or wine from select restaurants in The Village while relaxing and enjoying festivities.
- Movies at Newton Park each month during the summer a free movie plays at Newtown Park in John’s Creek.
- B at the Movies sponsored by B98.5 in various cities around metro Atlanta on Saturday nights.
- Candler Park Movie Night Bring a cooler and have a picnic and enjoy your movie! Picnic festivities and music start an hour before dusk in front of the pool house in Candler Park.
- Movies on the Lawn in Lawrenceville -The second Friday of each month – April through August – enjoy an evening under the stars watching family-friendly movies on the Lawrenceville Lawn with concessions provided by local vendors and restaurants!
- Clayton County Movies Under the Stars Head to some of Clayton counties parks to catch a movie, in a different park each month.
- Flicks on the Bricks in the city of Duluth every 1st & 3rd Friday of the month June- September
- Hapeville Movie Nights – The Hapeville Movie Nights are held the 3rd Friday of June and July at the Jess Lucas Park 680 S. Central Ave. Hapeville 30354
- Mable House Movies – Hosted at the amphitheater on Wednesday evenings at 7:30 pm.
- Movie Mondays at The Avenues at East Cobb – The fun will begin at 7:00 PM with a speed pitch inflatable, Springfree Trampoline, face painting, a balloon artist, shaved ice by Britz Sno Blitz, baseball trivia, tons of games and giveaways…and MORE! Complimentary popcorn will pop (while supplies last) and the baseball cult classic, The Sandlot, will play on the outdoor big screen when the sun is down! Mark your calendars. This event is FREE and weather permitting.
- Vinings Jubilee Movie Night – Bring your own chairs, movie starts at 8 pm.
- Outdoor movies at Swift Cantrell Park – One movie a month starting in May-August. Arrive at 6 p.m. for pre-movie entertainment, giveaways and outdoor fun. For your comfort, bring a blanket or low-back chairs.
Check back to see if we’ve added your city!
image via The Washington Post