Need ideas for Spring Break staycation? Here are a 10 for you that your family is sure to love!
1. Visit Skyline Park and play some carnival games and slide down the massive slide on top of Ponce City Market
2. Behind the Seas tour at the Georgia Aquarium– take a tour of everything you don’t see on a normal visit to the Georgia Aquarium. The water filtration systems. Veterinarian care and more!
3. Spring MEGA FUN Break at Stone Mountain Park with fun things like a Geyser Tower, Skyhike, adventure golf, and lots more. You can also see the Laser show every night this week!
4. See what’s blooming at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens.
5. Sheep to Shawl at Atlanta History Center– (April 6th)
Guests experience the process of cloth making through demonstrations and activities ranging from sheep shearing and wool dyeing to spinning and weaving. Gather the entire family for a full day of fun that also includes open hearth cooking, blacksmithing, candle making, live music, and more at Smith Family Farm.
6. See the new Wildwoods and Fernbank Forest at Fernbank Museum of Natural History. Then, catch an IMAX movie before hitting NatureQuest.
7. Have a picnic in Centennial Olympic Park then head to The Children’s Museum of Atlanta to climb the piano stairs and build moon sand castles.
8. Enjoy a day at Zoo Atlanta – See the new Scaly Slimy Spectacular Reptile and Amphibian experience!
9. Dig for fossils at Tellus: Northwest Georgia Science Museum. The museum will have speakers every day of spring break to talk to kids about different topics like astronomy, aviation, and geology.
10. Taste Beverly at the World of Coca-Cola! Don’t forget to check out the vault to see the secret recipe.
Check out our calendar of current events to see what else is happing during Spring Break!
Share with your friends so they can have some local fun too!